Day 3. 29/12/17. Friday.

I woke up at 2pm. Just in time to rush between subway stations and wait for trains, tore through times square to get to the Gershwin Theater in time. One of the absolute highlights was to see something on Broadway. Dana gifted me a ticket to my choice of show which was Wicked. Also got a CityPass,which gives me access/prepurchased tickets to 6 major attractions.


I woke up at 2pm. Just in time to rush between subway stations and wait for trains, tore through times square to get to the Gershwin Theater in time. One of the absolute highlights was to see something on Broadway. Dana gifted me a ticket to my choice of show which was Wicked. Also got a CityPass,which gives me access/prepurchased tickets to 6 major attractions.

Wicked
was everything I had hoped it would be. So very very very impressed.
Broadway deserves it's reputation as the best in the world. I
could talk for an hour on the things that impressed me there, and especially for a mid afternoon matinée and after god knows how many days of doing the same thing. Well done cast, chorus, and crew. Very well done.
Knowing what it takes to pull off a show made it ever more magical. The huge amount of dry ice needed to have the flying monkeys appear from mid stage trap doors as if from nowhere. The trapeze skills of the acrobats that played the monkeys. The little fairy lighting in the brambles placed below the castle towers on the edges. The massive bubble that Glenda sits in that floats down from on high. The fact that there were 0 blackouts in Act 1 to bring any set pieces on or off. It was all done through pulley systems and black ropes hidden to those not sitting as close as I was. The control and power of the notes the singers were hitting especially Esmeralda gave me shivers. Every single chorus member was animated and focused on the scene before them for the entire show. You could not ask for anything more entertaining and engaging as they performed it. I've never really gone and seen much musical theater for myself but what you can YouTube dosen't hold a candle to this.
After
this I go to the Met again because I now know it's open late on Fridays and Saturdays and not many people know that so a lot fewer
people go. On the way I get stopped in times square by a guy selling tickets to a comedy show nearby for tomorrow night so I take a chance and prepay for a ticket.
I try to race around and take pictures of exhibits but the
three hours I spent here was both not enough time, and too much time.
Needed a halftime break or something or somewhere with a cafe (downside to going late at night) but such a massive place with
such cool and rare stuff from around the world.
![]() |
| The Temple of Dendur. |
![]() |
| Kights and armor gallery. |
Some things were just odd though..
The special exhibit they had was dedicated to Michaelangelo. Perticularly foccussed on how much planning and drafting he put into his work. Every little figure on his massive scale pieces had some form of rough sketch done on them before he put brush to surface. Many museums from around the world had donated items to this one time exhibit that wont likely happen again, as a few of the items were very fragile and prone to falling apart should they travel much more.
So yeah. I guess that wraps up my.. Night at the Museum 😊


















How lovely
ReplyDelete